How to Apply
We follow a two-stage review process for our Grants Program to ensure maximum community impact. It involves a Letter of Inquiry (pre-proposal) and Invited Applicant (full application). Although all submitted projects are important, we try to focus our support on grass roots community initiatives that demonstrate sustainability, broader community partnerships and the potential for replication.
To ensure your project meets our eligibility criteria and is considered for funding, please review our Application Process and Grantmaking Guidelines.
Applicants seeking a grant are required to submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI), by February 28. This letter should be a maximum of two pages (letters over two pages will not be considered).
Your inquiry letter should include:
I. Letter of Inquiry cover page (available on our website for download, see below)
II. Letter of Inquiry (maximum two pages), providing:
• Brief description of your organization, including values, mission and key personnel involved in the program/project
• Brief description of the proposed program, including how it relates to our core health causes and focus.
• Estimated funds requested for this program, with a brief budget and time line. Be sure to include total project budget and if funds are received from other sources.
• The program’s intended impact, including number of individuals, geographical reach and community partner involvement.
• The program’s anticipated outcomes and how you will measure these outcomes.
You should also address the following questions:
• Does your program address a need in the community?
• Do you know of other organizations offering a similar program?
• Is your program unique or innovative?
• Is your program replicable or how could it serve as a model for others?
Email your completed Letter of Inquiry cover page and letter to MHF@medaviehealthfoundation.ca by February 28. Allow 10-15 working days for review.
Please note that the number of requests for support far exceeds the Foundation’s available funding. We encourage you to carefully review our guidelines and FAQs before submitting your Letter of Inquiry.
The Grant Application Form is only be sent to those organizations invited to submit a full proposal. The deadline to submit the completed application, along with letters of reference and your organization’s audited financial statements, is April 15. Email your completed application and supporting documents to: MHF@medaviehealthfoundation.ca