About Medavie Health Foundation
Medavie Health Foundation is funded by Medavie Blue Cross and Medavie Health Services as part of a long-term commitment to make a lasting impact in the communities where our employees and customers live and work. Today, with a growing capital base of $50 million, the Foundation will provide a legacy to benefit future generations.
Medavie Health Foundation is focused on developing partnerships and supporting programs in three core cause areas:
- Child and youth mental health – with a focus on Mental Resiliency
- Post-traumatic stress disorder – with a focus on Intervention and Recovery
- Type 2 diabetes – with a focus on Prevention and Self-Management
These three areas are of particular concern to Canadians and offer significant potential to affect change for future generations. We aim to bring organizations and communities together through collaborative multi-year partnerships and to support grassroots, community-based initiatives through an annual grants program.
That all Canadians, especially young Canadians, have access to the information, tools, and supports they need to live their best lives – both mentally and physically.
We support and promote innovative and evidence-based solutions to address some of our country’s most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
Board of Directors
Medavie Health Foundation is governed by its own six-member Board of Directors:
- Kim West, Board Chair, Medavie Health Foundation and Partner, NATIONAL Public Relations
- Bernard Lord, CEO, Medavie
- Marian Walsh, President and CEO, Bridgepoint Health
- Fred Fountain, President and CEO, The Great Eastern Corporation Limited
- Edward Barrett, Co-CEO, Barrett Corporation
- Shari Austin, Principal Consultant, Shari Austin & Company