About Medavie Health Foundation
Medavie Health Foundation is funded by Medavie Blue Cross and Medavie EMS as part of a long-term commitment to make a lasting impact in the communities where our employees and customers live and work. Today, with a growing capital base of $48 million, the Foundation will provide a legacy to benefit future generations.
Medavie Health Foundation is focused on developing partnerships and supporting programs in two core cause areas:
- Child and youth mental health – with a focus on Mental Resiliency
- Type 2 diabetes – with a focus on Prevention and Self-Management
These two areas are of particular concern to Canadians and offer significant potential to affect change for future generations. We aim to bring organizations and communities together through collaborative multi-year partnerships and to support grassroots, community-based initiatives through an annual grants program.
To create a legacy that will benefit future generations.
Medavie Health Foundation is dedicated to contributing to the well-being of Canadians by partnering with community-based organizations and supporting programs that will act as catalysts for healthy change.
Board of Directors
Medavie Health Foundation is governed by its own six-member Board of Directors:
- Kim West, Board Chair, Medavie Health Foundation and Partner, NATIONAL Public Relations
- Bernard Lord, CEO, Medavie
- Marian Walsh, President and CEO, Bridgepoint Health
- Fred Fountain, President and CEO, The Great Eastern Corporation Limited
- Shari Austin, Principal Consultant, Shari Austin & Company